Re: [press] UltraSQL for Windows released

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: [press] UltraSQL for Windows released
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:

> Hi
>

> > > Don't we have a kind of 'logo license' like the Debian ones
> > > (http://www.debian.org/logos/)? I think this is inappropriate (having
> > > projects to use our image).
> >
> > Why?  Is someone using the logo maliciously that we need to worry about?
> >

> No, but if we associate 'SomeProductSQL' to the PostgreSQL Logo, it
> seems that it is *in fact* PostgreSQL and it's not!

Isn't it?  Its PostgreSQL packaged for Windows, no?  Same software, just
packaged for easy install ... the only thing I think should be different
is that the logo be clickable back to the main web site ... but they do
state that its a "native Windows port of PostgreSQL database." so it isn't
as if they are trying to hide it ...

----