Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Makefile

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Makefile
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:42:46 -0500,
  Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> 2.8.5 is a development release of lynx, not a stable one:
>
>     Lynx Version 2.8.5dev.16 (01 Jun 2003)
>
> Do we want to standardize on a development version of some tools?  It is
> only converting to text, so I guess it is OK.
>
> I downloaded the version of lynx Tom has just so I can generate the
> newer output.  The only difference between my 2.8.3 lynx and 2.8.5 is
> that 2.8.5 trips spaces on blank lines used between headings, which is
> good.

I think the major advantage of 2.8.5 is https support. That isn't needed
for what you are doing, but is a good reason for someone to use it
as their browser in preference to earlier versions. I am using
2.8.5dev.9 and it seems to work reasonably well. The new scroll bar
function has an issue (copying text accross the scroll bar doesn't
work) so I don't use that feature.

От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Makefile
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml Makefile