Re: postgres FROM clause problem (GROUP BY subquestion)

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: postgres FROM clause problem (GROUP BY subquestion)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 18:33:41 +0100,
  Paolo Tavalazzi <ptavalazzi@charta.it> wrote:

> I don't know what to make, help me please!
>
> Another question, in 7.4 GROUP BY clause  not guarantee the ordering of result.
> Can I desable the new group by algorithm to maintain the coherence whit the programs that I have in production with
pg_7.3

GROUP BY never guarenteed an order. That this happened in 7.3 was an
implementation detail. If you want a specific order you need to use an
ORDER BY clause.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: postgres FROM clause problem
От: Randall Skelton
Сообщение: returning row numbers in select