Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 19 May 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> People,
>
> > >So, why tie it into the PostgreSQL source tree?  Won't it be popular
> > >enough to live on its own, that it has to be distributed as part of the
> > >core?
>
> Personally, I find it rather inconsistent to have any PL, other than
> PL/pgSQL, as part of the core distribution -- when we are pushing the
> interfaces, such as JDBC and libpqxx to seperate modules in pgFoundry.

Actually, JDBC, libpqxx, ODBC, plPHP, plPerlNG are all really easy to push
over to pgFoundry ... they have very active, and visible, developers
responsible for them ... is anyone out there directing work on pl/pgsql or
pl/TCL?  If so, they are easy to move also ...

> Either we're trying to lighten up the core, or we're not.  But right now
> there seems to be no logic in operation.

Its easier to *not add* something to core (ie. plPHP/plPerlNG) then it is
to remove something (see JDBC) ...

----

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: pg_type oid's do they change from version to version
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion