pgadmin problem

От mmd@teledavis.com
Тема pgadmin problem
Дата
Re: pgadmin problem  (Oliver Elphick <olly@lfix.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-general
I want to use pgadmin to set up some tables, rather than do all the
psql statements from the terminal.

When I try to add a server, though, pgadmin fails to connect, and asks
whether the server is accepting TCP/IP connections on the default
port, and whether localhost is the correct servername.

I assume that both of these ARE set to the defaults, because if I
simply type

       $ psql contacts

I go right into psql, where I am allowed to make and alter tables.

Is there something along the lines of a "psql -v" that would tell
me what the server calls itself, and what ports it's listening on (oh,
and whether it's allowing TCP/IP connections)?

If not, is there better help on this pgadmin3 dialogue somewhere?  The
stock documentation is very thin.

Best,
Matt

--

Matthew M Davis
<mmd@teledavis.com>

От: Prabu Subroto
Сообщение: Re: polating (insert into...) a table with determined record from another table.
От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: 2 postgresql processes on the same machine ?