Re: Problem with VB6, DAO, Data Control: Update does not work

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Problem with VB6, DAO, Data Control: Update does not work
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Wolfgang Fürtbauer wrote:
> I found out, after removing the "rabwert" = '5.225'::float4 from the
> where-clause,
> the update worked; so I had a look with the VB-Debugger at the value
> of data1.recordset!rabwert
> just before update and: the value was 5.225
>
> Why does the update not work ?

You can't reasonably compare floating point values for equality, because
they only store approximations of what you see.  And you certainly
shouldn't store monetary values in floating point columns, because you
are asking for rounding problems.  Always use numeric.

--
Peter Eisentraut

От: Wolfgang Fürtbauer
Сообщение: Problem with VB6, DAO, Data Control: Update does not work
От: Andrew Ayers
Сообщение: Re: Problem with VB6, DAO, Data Control: Update does not work