Re: Distributed Database Web Site

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Distributed Database Web Site
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Justin Clift wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Just curious, how hard would it be to distinguish on the main web site
>> between read and write operations?
>>
>> For instance, if we had a read-only database on a mirror site, replicated
>> from the main database using something like Slony ... how hard would it be
>> t have 'write operations' sent to the main web site to happen, with all
>> read operations being local?
>
> Thinking about what it would take...
>
> We'd need the pg_hba.conf of the main database set to allow connections from
> the mirror website(s), so the write operations can occur.
>
> Or, perhaps as an alternative, we could look at making the pages that
> generate writes only be on the main PG website.  So, the majority of content
> is mirrored except for a few pages which do stuff like (i.e.) submit new
> stories and stuff.

This second was what I was thinking ...

> Yep, should be possible.  We just have to think about the technology
> we'd like web mirrors to run, and then ensure it's acceptable and
> do-able.

Now, knowing that all mirrors couldn't do this (or wouldn't), I was
thinking of having a pseudo-regional master mirror that others could rsync
static content from ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Justin Clift
Сообщение: Re: Distributed Database Web Site
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: FW: [ pginstaller-Bugs-1000056 ] DLL not found