Re: i'm really desperate: invalid memory alloc request size 0

От Janning Vygen
Тема Re: i'm really desperate: invalid memory alloc request size 0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am Freitag, 1. Oktober 2004 09:49 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> tonight my database got corruppted. before it worked fine.
>
> since two days i do the following tasks every night
>
> psql -c 'CLUSTER;' $DBNAME
> psql -c 'VACUUM FULL ANALYZE;' $DBNAME
>
> before these opertaions i stop all web access. The last months i only did a
> "VACUUM ANALYZE" each night and didn't get any failures.
>
> in the morning some sql queries failed. it seems only one table was
> affected.
>
> i stopped all web access and tried to backup the current database:
>

> pg_dump: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request size 0
> pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "fragentipps" failed:
> PQendcopy() failed.
> pg_dump: Error message from server: ERROR:  invalid memory alloc request
> size 0
> pg_dump: The command was: COPY public.fragentipps (tr_kurzname, mg_name,
> fr_id, aw_antworttext) TO stdout;
>
> so i did:
> /etc/init.d/postgresql stop
> cp -rp /home/postgres/data /home/postgres/datafailure
>
> and i tried to recover from backup which was made just before clustering
> but i got
> ERROR:  index row requires 77768 bytes, maximum size is 8191
>
> is there any chance to get my database keep going again?
>
> pg version is 7.4.2
>

> kind regards
> janning

some additional information from my log files:

LOG:  server process (PID 24227) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another ser
ver process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat
your command.

[...]

LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2004-10-01 04:59:46 CEST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 6A/A9142BB4
LOG:  redo record is at 6A/A9016D68; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown FALSE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 202721693; next OID: 352799
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 6A/A9016D68
LOG:  record with zero length at 6A/A931CEE0
LOG:  redo done at 6A/A931CEBC
LOG:  recycled transaction log file "0000006A000000A6"
LOG:  recycled transaction log file "0000006A000000A7"
LOG:  removing transaction log file "0000006A000000A8"
LOG:  database system is ready
LOG:  server process (PID 24235) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another ser
ver process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
HINT:  In a moment you should be able to reconnect to the database and repeat
your command.
WARNING:  terminating connection because of crash of another server process
DETAIL:  The postmaster has commanded this server process to roll back the
current transaction and exit, because another ser
ver process exited abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

please help me...

janning

От: Janning Vygen
Сообщение: i'm really desperate: invalid memory alloc request size 0
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: i'm really desperate: invalid memory alloc request