Re: beta3 winxp initdb problems

От BARTKO, Zoltán
Тема Re: beta3 winxp initdb problems
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Magnus, et al.,

This is, what initdb -d says:

<listing>

D:\tmp\data>initdb -d
Running in debug mode.
VERSION=8.0.0beta3
PGDATA=d:/tmp/data
share_path=c:/msys/1.0/share/postgresql
PGPATH=c:/msys/1.0/bin
POSTGRES_SUPERUSERNAME=postgresql
POSTGRES_BKI=c:/msys/1.0/share/postgresql/postgres.bki
POSTGRES_DESCR=c:/msys/1.0/share/postgresql/postgres.description
POSTGRESQL_CONF_SAMPLE=c:/msys/1.0/share/postgresql/postgresql.conf.sample
PG_HBA_SAMPLE=c:/msys/1.0/share/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.sample
PG_IDENT_SAMPLE=c:/msys/1.0/share/postgresql/pg_ident.conf.sample
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgresql".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale Slovak_Slovakia.1250.

fixing permissions on existing directory d:/tmp/data ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/global ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_xlog ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_xlog/archive_status ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_clog ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_subtrans ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/base ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/base/1 ... ok
creating directory d:/tmp/data/pg_tblspc ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 10
selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in d:/tmp/data/base/1 ... DEBUG:  TZ
"Europe/Belgrad
e" matches Windows timezone "Central Europe Daylight Time"
FATAL:  could not select a suitable default timezone
DETAIL:  It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds. PostgreSQL
does n
ot support leap seconds.
DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)
DEBUG:  exit(1)
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: failed
initdb: removing contents of data directory "d:/tmp/data"

D:\tmp\data>
</listing>

So I said to myself, set the timezone to GMT. This, what I got after
switching off the automatic daylight saving time notification:

[...]

"Europe/Dublin"
 matches Windows timezone "GMT Standard Time"
FATAL:  could not select a suitable default timezone
DETAIL:  It appears that your GMT time zone uses leap seconds. PostgreSQL
does n
ot support leap seconds.
DEBUG:  proc_exit(1)
DEBUG:  shmem_exit(1)
DEBUG:  exit(1)
child process was terminated by signal 1
initdb: failed
initdb: removing contents of data directory "d:/tmp/data"

D:\tmp\data>
</listing>

Any ideas?

Zoltan

http://www.pobox.sk/ - najvacsi slovensky freemail

От: Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud
Сообщение: Re: psycopg help
От: Stuart Bishop
Сообщение: Re: 'NOW' in UTC with no timezone