Re: copy error

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: copy error
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 02:12:49PM -0400, Keith Worthington wrote:

> I am trying to load a file into a database.  The file in part looks like this.
>
> 10000,Citizens Bank Checking Account,0,TRUE
> 10001,Peoples Bank Operating Account,0,FALSE
>
> I issue a copy command as follows and get the error as shown.
>
> # copy myschema.tbl_account from '/dirname/Account.csv' with delimiter ',';
> 'RROR:  copy: line 1, Bad boolean external representation 'TRUE
> IPADB=#

I'd guess that there's a carriage return at the end of line 1.  The
single quote at the beginning of the line supports this hypothesis:
that's exactly what would happen if 'TRUE\r' were printed.

You might need to run your data through a filter before importing
it into PostgreSQL.  Some systems have a dos2unix program; you could
also use tr, sed, perl, awk, etc. to strip trailing carriage returns.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/