Re: MAX/MIN optimization via rewrite (plus query rewrites generally)

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: MAX/MIN optimization via rewrite (plus query rewrites generally)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 22:21:31 -0300, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 07:18:59PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > A more radical way of handling it would be to detect the relevance of an
> > indexscan in indxpath.c and generate a special kind of Path node; this
> > would not generalize to other sorts of things as you were hoping, but
> > I'm unconvinced that the mechanism is going to be very general-purpose
> > anyway.  The major advantage is that this would work conveniently for
> > comparing the cost of a rewritten query to a non-rewritten one.
>
> What about having a new column in pg_aggregate which would point to a
> function that would try to optimize the aggregate's handling?

I think you want to store an operator class and a direction. This allows
you to figure out what indexes might be usable. This could be used
on all of the max and min aggregates and the boolean and and or aggregates.

От: Mark Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: MAX/MIN optimization via rewrite (plus query rewrites
От: Aleksander Kmetec
Сообщение: Re: Reorganization of the translation files