Re: Test database for new installs?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Test database for new installs?
Дата
Re: Test database for new installs?  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew,

> > I can't get too excited about this, to be honest. What I would like to
> > see, either in contrib or on pgfoundry, is one or more moderately
> > complete and well populated sample databases.
>
> How about the tpcw database model, filled with some real world data
> (e.g. pgsql books)? Other proposals? I could spend some minutes on that.

Hmmm ... sounds like an add-in project.    I'm not sure, I think something
which demonstrates more general principles than the TPC-W database would be
useful, sort of a "training database".    Maybe one of the writers of PGSQL
books has such a thing?   Maybe Bruce?

This could be done on pgFoundry as an add-in, but potentially included with
the Windows install and major distribution RPMs.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

От: "D'Arcy J.M. Cain"
Сообщение: Re: [Plperlng-devel] Re: Concern about new PL/Perl
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Test database for new installs?