Explicitly rolling back transaction from within a C-Language function

От Mark Dilger
Тема Explicitly rolling back transaction from within a C-Language function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hello,

I have a transactional system built on top of
BerkeleyDB which I would like to call from within
Postgres through a C-Language function.  The behavior
of the function will be read-only.  Even so, the
BerkeleyDB-based system's transaction will sometimes
fail.  What I would like to do is propogate that
transactional failure into the Postgres transaction
that called the C-Language function.  Is this
possible?

To clarify what I think I want:  I would like the
C-Language function to return an error condition to
Postgres that will cause the current Postgres
transaction to abort.  I do not know how to do this.

I am not particularly worried about needing to
rollback the BerkeleyDB transaction when the Postgres
transaction fails, because the BerkeleyDB transaction
was read-only anyway, and there are no updates to roll
back.  However, I might want to do this in the future
so information on this subject is also welcome.

Thank you for any help,

mark

http://my.yahoo.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Alberto Piña"
Сообщение: Encrypt data type LO
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Explicitly rolling back transaction from within a C-Language function