Re: 8.0 rc2 Problem

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: 8.0 rc2 Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Peter Childs wrote:
>     Right just installed rc2 to test so that we can use 8.0 once its
> out. Loads of nice features, Nice to see them all. Postgres 8.0 seams
> faster, but this might be due to the reload. Oh the point in time
> recovery feature are there any example scripts to say copy the files to
> somewhere then print them onto cd or somthing once created. Oh and is it
> possible to examin the point in time logs and see what happerened when,
> ie which table got updated to what, very useful when research problems
> later.... Probably would require some form of viewer I guess.
>
>     2 Problems encountered.
>
> 1. Confirguration file is completly different, so it you have one that
> you have configured carfull for 7.4 it will not work at all with 8.0
> many configuration options have changed there names or changed how they
> work. I can understand new ones and dropping some of the old ones but
> why change it so complely?

I would diff postgresql.conf against the share/postgresql.conf.sample
and merge your changes into 8.0.  We change it dramatically because we
improve functionality and clarity.  If we emphasized
backward-compatibility it would be very unclear after a while.

От: Peter Childs
Сообщение: Re: 8.0 rc2 Problem
От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: error : syntax error at or near $1 for over select rows