Re: Understanding EXPLAIN ANALYZE output

От Ed L.
Тема Re: Understanding EXPLAIN ANALYZE output
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday February 9 2005 7:31, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 04:34:30PM -0700, Ed L. wrote:
> > Thinking about how to make this analysis faster and less
> > labor- intensive ...
> >
> >    SELECT node_id, op, parent_node_id, index, relation,
> >           cost_first, cost_last, cost_rows, cost_width,
> >           actual_first, actual_last, actual_rows,
> > actual_loops, index_condition
> >    FROM pg_explain_analyze('SELECT * FROM foo');
> >
> > Thankfully, I'm sure there are a lot of skilled
> > postgresql'ers just sitting around right now wishing they
> > had something to do.
>
> Well, I'm a little bored; I've got tomorrow off, and this
> seems like it might be doable in the kind of high-level
> PL/Foo's with which I'm familiar.  What would the returning
> rowtype for
> pg_explain_analyze(TEXT) be?

LOL.  If you're serious, I was thinking of something like this:

    node_id    integer not null unique
    op varchar:  "Index Scan"|"Hash Join"|"Seq Scan"|...
    parent_node_id integer:  node_id of parent node
    index varchar:  name of index for scan (oid better?)
    relation varchar:  name of relation for scan (oid better?)
    cost_first float:  first cost number
    cost_last float:  second cost number
    cost_rows bigint
    cost_width integer
    actual_first float:  time to first row
    actual_last float:  time to last row
    actual_rows bigint
    actual_loops bigint
    condition varchar:  what comes after "Index Cond:"|"Hash Cond:"|...
    total_time float:  total query time

How's that?

That might be a start.  This is half-baked and you may be
the new head chef, so feel free.

Ed

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Understanding EXPLAIN ANALYZE output
От: "Oisin Glynn"
Сообщение: Functions with more than 32 parameters