Re: logging as inserts

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: logging as inserts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh,

> >>I am looking at having one of our guys write up the code to allow
> >>logging as insert statements. I have a couple of questions.
> >>
> >>What would we like the postgresql.conf option to be? I was thinking
> >>log_statements_as_inserts = (t/f)

Nope.

log_destination = 'inserts'   #not a new GUC!

insert_columns = '%u,%d,%r,%p, ... %$'
#this new GUC would define a list of comma-seperated columns as escape codes
defined via the same code set as log_line_prefix.   The only change would be
the addition of %$, which would symbolize the "statement" being logged.

I'd also assert that this option should log the inserts to a "stderr" and thus
take advantage of all of the redirection, rotation, etc that we now support
for stderr logging.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions