Re: Missing doc on expression format for ALTER TABLE

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Missing doc on expression format for ALTER TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Guys,

> > Well, yes, actually.  Where in the documentation is a type conversion
> > expression defined?   Do we use NEW and OLD?  Or the name of the column?
> > Or something else?
>
> I think the ALTER TABLE page is in dire need of a "See also" section, at
> least.  And a reference to where <expression> is defined would be nice
> to have.

What I'm pointing out here is that the USING clause can't be just ANY
expression, it needs to be a specific type of expression.   And the docs
don't explain what kind of expression is usable here.   Even a single example
would go a long way ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Version information in docs
От: Thomas F.O'Connell
Сообщение: Re: Version information in docs