Re: PostgreSQL and .NET

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: PostgreSQL and .NET
Дата
Re: PostgreSQL and .NET  ("P. Joshua Rovero" <rovero@sonalysts.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2 Apr 2005, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> We have a .Net client.  You want server-side .Net?  No one has ever
>>> talked about that, sorry.
>>
>> not knowin gmuch about .Net ... what is a 'server-side .Net'?  Like a
>> PL/.Net?
>
> Yea, I assume so. If we can do server-side Java, I assume we could do
> server-side .Net if someone wanted to code it.  Of course it would be
> Win32-only, unless we used Mono for Unix.

From the Mono web site:

"Mono can run existing programs targeting the .NET or Java frameworks."

does this mean that something written for Java (or .Net) could be compiled
without mods?

Mono would give someone inclined to code that a fairly easy inroad into
several operating systems though ...  I notice that they don't list
Solaris as supported ...

----