Re: Foreign Keys Question

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: Foreign Keys Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 13:54:05 +0200,
  Matthias Loitsch <m@tthias.com> wrote:

> So I thought I could make a foreign key on a different Schema (db), and
> use the same table....
>
> And well, thats where I started to search if this is possible ... and,
> in fact my main question is: Is this a good idea?
> I have no idea if this will be fast enough, or if I will have lots of
> problems afterward....
>
> Could anyone help me with this ?

Schemas are just a name space, so using foreign keys accross schemas
shouldn't be a problem.

However, it you later put the contents of the schema on other server
or even in another database, then you are going to need to make a copy
of the data as you can't make foreign key references outside of
the current database.

От: Matthias Loitsch
Сообщение: Foreign Keys Question
От: "Eric D. Nielsen"
Сообщение: Re: PostGreSQL (7.3?) recovery, Mac OS X (10.3.8)