Re: SQLException "Connection is closed. Operation is not

От Clifton Zama
Тема Re: SQLException "Connection is closed. Operation is not
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Monday 25 April 2005 10:54, you wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 03:38 +0530, Rajiv Verma wrote:
> > I'm accessing postgres database through tomcat 4.3.1.
> > I'm able to execute the select and update query through my application
> > but Insert query is giving following SQLException :
> > Connection is closed.  Operation is not permitted.
>
> looks like your application is closing the database
> connection before the insert.
>
> are you doing the insert within the same tomcat
> request as the selects ?
>
> con you reproduce this using the simplest possible
> test case. i.e:
> have your doPost() only
>   a) open db connection
>   b) perform select
>   c) perform insert
>   d) close db connection
>   e) return ok page
>
> gnari

I am having a similar problem from a stand-alone application.The log says
something about an unexpected EOF , so I thought maybe it was the program
closing the connection.But this is not the case because it closes while
iterating through a result set.It reads the first one , then when rs.next()
is called again , it says : Connection is closed.  Operation is not
permitted.

Clifton

От: "K.RajaSekar"
Сообщение: Installation problem with the version 8.0.2
От: Rob Kirkbride
Сообщение: Re: Optimising Union Query.