Re: Views, views, views! (long)

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Views, views, views! (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 05:38:16PM -0700, Dann Corbit wrote:
> > See Andrew's post.  There is a whole lot of stuff not covered by I_S in a
> > way
> > that is useful to PGSQL users.  Also this would require making
> > information_schema part of the default user path.
>
> It is supposed to be part of the default user path for all users of the database.

Huh? That seems like a really bad idea. Anything with names not starting
with pg_ really needs to not be in the search_path by default.

Speaking of which, any suggestions for names of internal-use objects?
Right now we've got some things named _pg_* to signify that they're
subject to change, but afaik the only naming convention PostgreSQL has
laid claim to is pg_*.

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Views, views, views! (long)
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: pl/pgsql enabled by default