Re: Version Control?

От elein@varlena.com (elein)
Тема Re: Version Control?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Up until the database goes into production,
keep files: schema.sql (table creation),
views.sql, functions.sql triggers.sql trigfunctions.sql
in cvs/svn.

Afterwards any changes to the schema are in
change01.sql, change02.sql,...

The change scripts hold the alter table statements
for schema changes.  They must be cumulative.
Ideally you'd have corresponding undochange01.sql
but that is icing.

Never let anyone change the database without creating
the appropriate change script.

--elein

От: "Ets ROLLAND"
Сообщение: Re: **SPAM** Re: Pb with linked tables on PG8
От: Russ Brown
Сообщение: Re: Version Control?