Re: Error message: cannot identify operator 184

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Error message: cannot identify operator 184
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:38:19PM -0700, Chris White (cjwhite) wrote:
> Sorry, the exact error message is
>
> could not identify operator 184.
>
> I saw it in the syslog error log. At the moment I can't tell what was
> going on when it happened.

What version of PostgreSQL are you running?  I'll guess 7.4.x, as
that's the only branch that appears to contain the phrase "could
not identify operator" in an error message.  The message appears
in the _bt_getstrategynumber() function in access/nbtree/nbtutils.c;
maybe somebody who's familiar with the btree code can say what's
going on.

What happens if you run the following query?

SELECT 184::regprocedure;

On my 7.4.8 systems the above query returns the following:

  regprocedure
----------------
 oideq(oid,oid)
(1 row)

I'm wondering if the error means you're missing that function, which
is used to compare oid values.  But again, I'm not very familiar with
the btree code, so maybe somebody else can comment.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

От: "Chris White (cjwhite)"
Сообщение: Re: Error message: cannot identify operator 184
От: Ezequiel Tolnay
Сообщение: Re: functions vs stored procedures