Re: mysql replace in postgreSQL?

От David Fetter
Тема Re: mysql replace in postgreSQL?
Дата
Re: mysql replace in postgreSQL?  (Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my>)
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 09:57:03PM -0400, blackwater dev wrote:
> In MySQL, I can use the replace statement which either updates the
> data there or inserts it.  Is there a comporable syntax to use in
> postgreSQL?

Not really, but here's an example which doesn't have the brokenness of
MySQL's REPLACE INTO and doesn't have the race conditions that some
others' proposals have.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/plpgsql-control-structures.html#PLPGSQL-ERROR-TRAPPING

Of course, it's not as nice and flexible as the SQL standard MERGE,
but until that day comes, you can use that example.

HTH :)

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound error
От: John Sidney-Woollett
Сообщение: Re: Please HELP - URGENT - transaction wraparound error