Re: PGSQL encryption functions

От Mark R. Dingee
Тема Re: PGSQL encryption functions
Дата
Re: PGSQL encryption functions  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Список pgsql-sql
Bruno,

I use an authenticate() function as a part of state maintenance in a PHP web
app.  In the function, I generate an encrypted token that is then used in the
validation process on subsequent pages.  md5 works, but I've been able to
brute-force crack it very quickly, so I'm looking for an alternative.  Any
thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

On Tuesday 01 November 2005 04:28 pm, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 14:38:05 -0500,
>
>   "Mark R. Dingee" <mark.dingee@cox.net> wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > I'm in need of a one-way pgsql script that will take a plain-text string
> > and return an ecrypted string (preferably 32 character) .  I've been
> > using md5('string'), but I'm concerned it's too weak for my needs.  Does
> > anyone have any recommendations?
>
> What are your needs?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Lane Van Ingen"
Сообщение: Can't Get SETOF Function to Work
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PGSQL encryption functions