Re: Nested Table in PostgreSQL or some alternative Variants

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Nested Table in PostgreSQL or some alternative Variants
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
What do you mean by 'nested table'? Maybe arrays will do what you want?

Typically (and this applies to other databases as well), this is done
using two tables and refferential integrity. IE:

CREATE TABLE purchase_order(   po_id           serial  CONSTRAINT purchase_order__po_id PRIMARY KEY   , customer_id
int    CONSTRAINT purchase_order__customer_RI REFERENCES customer(id)   , more fields...

)

CREATE TABLE po_lines (   po_id           int     CONSTRAINT po_lines__po_id_RI REFERENCES purchase_order(po_id)   ,
line_number  smallint    NOT NULL   , ...   , CONSTRAINT po_lines__po_id_line_number PRIMARY KEY( po_id, line_number)

)

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 02:22:05PM +0100, Thomas Zuberbuehler wrote:
> Hello there
>
> I've a problem. I can't find some information about nested tables in
> PostgreSQL. Is this Features possible in pgsql or not?
>
> * When yes, how i can use and create nested tables with pgsql?
> * When no, which alternative are there (for same problem definition)?
>
> Thank you for help.
> Greetings from Zurich, Switzerland.
> Thomas Zuberbuehler

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PGSQL encryption functions
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: Can't Get SETOF Function to Work