can not connect to pg on linux FC4

От Tai Huynh Phuoc
Тема can not connect to pg on linux FC4
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,
I use pg 8.03 (come with FC4). I can not connect to pg
because of Ident authentication failed for user "root"
error. pg_hba.conf
host  all  all  127.0.0.1/32  ident sameuser

Then I try another way by add adding a row to pg_indet
so that I can use root account to connection to db.
mymap root root
and chage "sameuser" to "mymap" in the pg_hba.conf.
But I can not connect too as the above error.

Thank in advande someone help me.

Onother question. Is there a way that I can create a
user using password authetication at the situation I
have no pg account like this sitation?.

Thanks.

Fucai

http://farechase.yahoo.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: Design question: Scalability and tens of thousands of tables?
От: frank church
Сообщение: Extract table columns in tabular form