Re: Hanging creating of function

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: Hanging creating of function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 08:19:32PM +0100, Mikael Carneholm wrote:
> Postgres machine OS: RHEL release 2.1 (Panama)
> PGAdminIII client OS: WinXP Pro 2002 SP2
> Clients: psql, PGAdminIII Query tool

The function creation hangs even with psql?  Where did you run psql
from -- the Windows box, the Linux box, or both?  How did you get
the code into psql -- cut-and-paste, typed manually, read with \i,
read with -f, or redirected standard input?  Could you try different
ways and see if some work and some don't?

How repeatable is the problem?  Have you made many attempts and
seen one way always fail and the other way always succeed?

When the create hangs, if you query pg_locks in another session
does it show any locks where granted is false?  Do you see any
unusual messages in the server's logs?

--
Michael Fuhr

От: David Rysdam
Сообщение: [Fwd: I must not understand the permissions system]
От: "Mikael Carneholm"
Сообщение: Re: Hanging creating of function