Re: does indexes need statistics?

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: does indexes need statistics?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 07:43:28PM +0100, Mauricio Fernandez A. wrote:
> Is it necesary the statistics be enabled when I create indexes or to
> use them?

Uh, yes, but you can't turn them off.  I suspect I don't understand
your question.  Do you mean the "runtime statistics" section of the
configuration file?  If that's what you mean, then no.  Those aren't
the same thing as the statistical data used by the planner; the
latter is updated when you run "analyse".

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.    --H.W. Fowler

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Bryce Nesbitt
Сообщение: Re: Changing auth type in pg_hba.conf ineffective. Why?
От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Updatable views: any decent front-ends?