Re: errors with 8.1 make on Solaris

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: errors with 8.1 make on Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:45:00PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
> > Obviously isinf() is missing. Is it a documented function on that
> > platform? Is there any indication which library it is in? It's
> > obviously not in libm.
>
> What's even odder is that configure makes a point of testing for isinf,
> and we substitute our own routine if it's not there.  There's a note
> in configure.in about how it's a macro on some platforms, but it sure
> looks like all the bases ought to be covered.

I wonder if this is a problem with gcc 4 on Solaris.  The OP is
using Solaris 8/gcc 4.0.2 and the previous complaint involved
Solaris 10/gcc 4.0.0.  My Solaris 9/gcc 3.4.2 box builds fine,
as does the Solaris 10/gcc 3.3.2 box buzzard in the buildfarm.

Here's what I get on Solaris 9/gcc 3.4.2 for the isinf check:

configure:14213: checking for isinf
configure:14235: gcc -o conftest [...]
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:101: warning: implicit declaration of function `isinf'
conftest.c:101: warning: unused variable `res'
isinf                               /var/tmp//cckdOuCS.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:14241: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
[...]
configure:14266: result: no

--
Michael Fuhr

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: errors with 8.1 make on Solaris
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL and SAN/NAS technologies