Re: 15,000 tables

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 15,000 tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
me@alternize.com wrote:

> what i noticed is autovacuum not working properly as it should. i had 8.1
> running with autovacuum for just 2 days or so and got warnings in pgadmin
> that my tables would need an vacuum.

Hum, so how is autovacuum's documentation lacking?  Please read it
critically and let us know so we can improve it.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/maintenance.html#AUTOVACUUM

Maybe what you need is to lower the "vacuum base threshold" for tables
that are small.

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: 15,000 tables
От: "Rick Schumeyer"
Сообщение: Re: COPY into table too slow with index: now an I/O question