Re: Using a 250GB RAID10 server for postgres

От Bernhard Weisshuhn
Тема Re: Using a 250GB RAID10 server for postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 09:41:55AM +0000, Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@campbell-lange.net> wrote:

>     Is it OK to use logical volume management to run an xfs partition
>     hosting postgres data?

We use just that and it works splendid. It's very nice for adding space
and all that.

But I must admit that I haven't had any comments from the gurus wether
this is a wise choice performance wise.

Keep in mind that you might want devide your discs into two groups with
different physical discs so that you can make use of tablespaces. We use
them to seperate data and indexspace. Seperating the wal makes sense
only if there is nothing else accessing that disc.

just my two cents,
bkw

От: Rory Campbell-Lange
Сообщение: Re: Using a 250GB RAID10 server for postgres
От: Rich Doughty
Сообщение: Re: massive performance hit when using "Limit 1"