Re: opinion on disk speed

От Frank Wiles
Тема Re: opinion on disk speed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 17:03:27 -0000
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> wrote:

> [...]

  I agree, the extra spindles and lower seek times are better if all
  you are concerned about is raw speed.

  However, that has to be balanced, from an overall perspective, with
  the nice single point of ordering/contact/support/warranty of the
  one vendor. It's a tough call.

   Frank Wiles <frank@wiles.org>
   http://www.wiles.org

От: Jeff Trout
Сообщение: Re: Joining 2 tables with 300 million rows
От: Frank Wiles
Сообщение: Re: opinion on disk speed