Re: to_char() Question

От Terry Lee Tucker
Тема Re: to_char() Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruno,

Thanks for the response. The only problem is that FM removes all the leading
spaces. I may have been unclear in stating my problem. I want the padding on
the left; however, I don't want the extra space for the sign (+,-) that gets
prepended to the string. This output shows what I mean:
 rnd=# select to_char(1234, '"|"9999"|"');
 to_char
---------
 | 1234|
(1 row)
As you can see, not only do I get the four spaces I wanted, but I get one
additional. That is what I was trying to get rid of and John's solution
worked perfectly. It takes the extra space at the beginning out. I have a
couple overloaded functions handling this as well as ensuring that I'm not
dropping the negative sign on a number that actually is negative.

Anyway, thanks again for the response...

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 01:09 pm, Bruno Wolff III saith: