Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 03:50:38PM +0100, Michael Riess wrote:
> Well,
>
> I think that the documentation is not exactly easy to understand. I
> always wondered why there are no examples for common postgresql
> configurations. All I know is that the default configuration seems to be
> too low for production use. And while running postgres I get no hints as
> to which setting needs to be increased to improve performance. I have no

There's a number of sites that have lots of info on postgresql.conf
tuning. Google for 'postgresql.conf tuning' or 'annotated
postgresql.conf'.

> chance to see if my FSM settings are too low other than to run vacuum
> full verbose in psql, pipe the result to a text file and grep for some
> words to get a somewhat comprehensive idea of how much unused space
> there is in my system.
>
> Don't get me wrong - I really like PostgreSQL and it works well in my
> application. But somehow I feel that it might run much better ...
>
> about the FSM: You say that increasing the FSM is fairly cheap - how
> should I know that?

decibel@phonebook.1[16:26]/opt/local/share/postgresql8:3%grep fsm \
postgresql.conf.sample
#max_fsm_pages = 20000                  # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes each
#max_fsm_relations = 1000               # min 100, ~70 bytes each
decibel@phonebook.1[16:26]/opt/local/share/postgresql8:4%

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Multiple Order By Criteria
От: Frank Wiles
Сообщение: Re: Suspending SELECTs