Re: BUG #2290: Incorrect sequence increment after backup/restore

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #2290: Incorrect sequence increment after backup/restore
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Oleg Mamontov" <oleg@mamontov.net> writes:
> > If after CREATE TABLE with SERIAL column i'll change sequence increment to 2
> > or some other value (with ALTER SEQUENCE) then always work correctly (all
> > inserted rows will have values incremented by 2).
>
> We currently consider that a serial column is a "black box" and you
> should not mess with its underlying sequence directly.  If you want
> nondefault properties for the sequence, create it as an independent
> sequence object and then just declare the column as "integer
> default nextval('seq')".

Added to TODO:

    * %Disallow changing sequence characteristics like INCREMENT for
      SERIAL columns

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

От: Kris Jurka
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2297: plpgsql function causes disconnect sometimes
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: BUG #2290: Incorrect sequence increment after backup/restore