Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 9 Mar 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> -- Start of PGP signed section.

>>> If you're willing to require elevel to always be a constant then why not just
>>> tack on the (elevel >= ERROR ? exit(0) : 0) onto the end of the regular
>>> definition of ereport instead of having an ifdef?
>>
>> Well, the only cost would be a useless call to exit() for each
>> elog/ereport with an elevel >= ERROR. It bloats the binary a bit. Not
>> sure whether people care enough about that.
>
> We care.  :-)

Why?  I don't think we are able to run 'embedded' now as it is, so its not
like we're dealign with system with small disk spaces :)  how much bigger
would adding that exit() make the binary?  Martijn, could you do a build
with/without it and compare sizes?

----

От: Andrew Sullivan
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Anniversary Summit, Call for Contributions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of PostgreSQL