Re: Libpq.dll library and its distribution in other products

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Libpq.dll library and its distribution in other products
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Vladimira Nitrova wrote:

> I'd like to ask you for your assistance concerning libpq.dll library and
> other .DLL files.
> These files are not distributed with our software and our customers are
> asked to install them separately from the PostgreSQL package to be able
> to reverse engineer the PostgreSQL database in our product.
> (For PostgreSQL 8.1 they also need other .dll files: tcomerr32.dll,
> krb5_32.dll, libeay32.dll, libintl-2.dll, libiconv-2.dll and ssleay32.dll.)
>
> Our customers would very appreciate if they can avoid installation of
> the libraries to our product. Therefore I'd like to ask you if it's
> possible to distribute these libraries within our product. If so, what
> the conditions are and what we are supposed to do to get the permission.

As far as Postgres files are concerned, you can distribute them freely
with your products, no strings attached; they are released under the
"new" BSD license (no advertising clause).  This covers libpq.dll; I
think no other file in that list is copyright PGDG, thus you need to
investigate elsewhere.

For example I think the OpenSSL files are typically distributed under
"old" BSD license, and thus require a mention in your advertising
materials, etc.  ("This product contains software developed by OpenSSL
etc")

От: "Babu"
Сообщение: Doubt
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: table disappear from pg_class