Re: BUG #2360: Backup produces "ERROR: could not convert UTF8 character to ISO8859-1"

От tomas@tuxteam.de (Tomas Zerolo)
Тема Re: BUG #2360: Backup produces "ERROR: could not convert UTF8 character to ISO8859-1"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 10:20:23AM +0000, JP Glutting wrote:
>=20
>=20
> Bug reference:      2360
> Logged by:          JP Glutting
> Email address:      jpglutting@oqua.udl.es
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1 (8.0)
> Operating system:   Windows XP SP2
ter
> to ISO8859-1"
> Details:=20
>=20
> There seems to be a bug in version 8.1 that produces this error when doin=
g a
> pg_dump (or pg_dumpall) of a database with certain characters in it. I am
> not sure exactly which characters they are, but they did not cause a prob=
lem
> in Postgres 8.0, because some of the databases that I cannot backup were
> backed up from 8.0 and restored into 8.1 (there are also problems with da=
ta
> entered directly into Postgres 8.1).=20

Could it be that the client encoding changed from restore to backup?
Which encoding is the backend using? Which one the client?

(to see the backend encoding (it's fixed once you build the DB), just
psql the database and issue \l (list databases). To show/set the client
encoding do "SHOW client_encoding" or "SET client_encoding TO ..."
Or just use \encoding if you are using psql).

PostgreSQL tries to translate back and forth between encodings, but
alas, you can't translate every (utf8 encoded) UNICODE to latin1, for
example...

Regards
-- tom=C3=A1s

От: "JP Glutting"
Сообщение: BUG #2360: Backup produces "ERROR: could not convert UTF8 character to ISO8859-1"
От: "zhu"
Сообщение: BUG #2363: password authentication failed