Re: Visual C++ 2005

От Edward Di Geronimo Jr.
Тема Re: Visual C++ 2005
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Quoting Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk>:

> Now that Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition is free from Microsoft, is
> there any reason not to upgrade the VC project files to the latest
> version and drop VC++6 support?

I haven't looked into anything newer than VC++, so I don't know much
about it. What do we gain by upgrading the project files? I'm assuming
the newer versions can open the older project files. Also, can Visual
Studio 6 and the 2005 Express Editions go exist on a computer?

I'm not opposed to an upgrade, I'm just trying to find out what's involved.

Ed