Re: Logging pg_autovacuum

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Logging pg_autovacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 12:28:21PM -0500, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Since both vacuum and autovacuum will be cutting stats records, do we
> want to just have the autovacuum
> stats record have the fact that it was autovacuum that did the vacuum?
>
> Or, is there a way when vacuum is run by autovacuum that I can get a
> flag to set that says this
> (vacuum|analyze) was done by the autovacuum daemon?
>
> I agree that the existing stats calls are good, but I'm still reading
> code to see whether I can determine
> at the time they are cut that this was autovacuum that did it.

I think noting autovac vacuums/analyzes seperately is 'nice-to-have' but
not all that important. It'd probably be pretty easy to tell the
difference just knowing what (if any) manual vacuums your system runs.

While we're looking at logging, are you going to add stats stuff for the
bgwriter as well, or should we add this to the TODO?

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Logging pg_autovacuum
От: "Marc G. Fournier"
Сообщение: Re: CVSup server seems to be down