Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Larry Rosenman wrote:

> >> and when I've proposed libpq functions to expose compile-time
> >> constants, I've been shot down.
> >>
> >> How is this different?
> >
> > No idea, what is the URL of your proposal.  Keep in mind this is not
> > option-specific.
>
> I had made a proposal to expose the path used for pg_service.conf.

Why would an application programmer care to know the location of
pg_service.conf?

> Would it be better to make a structure that has ALL the options, and
> return
> that from ONE function?

I can't think of an easy way to do that.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options