Re: Performance/Maintenance test result collection

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Performance/Maintenance test result collection
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 01:50:22PM -0400, Chris Mckenzie wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to plan for a performance test session where a large database is
> subject to regular hits from my application while both regular and full
> database maintenance is being performed. The idea is to gain a better idea
> on the impact maintenance will have on regular usage, and when to reasonably
> schedule both regular and full maintenance.

What do you mean by "regular and full maintenance"? Do you mean VACUUM
FULL?

If you're vacuuming appropriately you shouldn't have any need to ever
VACUUM FULL...

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Optimizer: limit not taken into account
От: Mario Splivalo
Сообщение: Re: Lot'sa joins - performance tip-up, please?