Re: autovacuum for large periodic deletes

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: autovacuum for large periodic deletes
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sriram Dandapani wrote:

> Every night, a delete of about 50 million rows occurs on a table. Do we
> need to explicitly vacuum the table or will autovacuum handle the large
> deletes without affecting performance. I am trying to determine whether
> or not I should completely rely on autovacuum or also tinker with manual
> vacuums.

How many rows stay in the table after the massive deletion?  It may be
that it's best for you to issue a CLUSTER or VACUUM FULL instead of
VACUUM.  (In any case, autovacuum would vacuum the table eventually, but
maybe you can do better.)

От: "Sriram Dandapani"
Сообщение: autovacuum for large periodic deletes
От: "Sriram Dandapani"
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum for large periodic deletes