Misapplication of Grant Wizard fails silently

От Dave Minter
Тема Misapplication of Grant Wizard fails silently
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
The pgAdmin III grant wizard seems rather counterintuitive in its handling of
attempts to grant privileges to inappropriate objects.

If you bring up the context menu for the Schemas, then select the Privileges
tab, you can happily elect to assign privileges to groups, hit Add/Change, but
then selecting OK causes ... nothing ... to happen.

Ok, it's misguided behaviour on my part to try and do this, but I would have
figured out that I was doing something stupid a lot sooner if I'd been given an
error message, or better yet hadn't had the inappropriate tab(s) available to me
in the grant wizard (or indeed the grant wizard itself if none of these are
apt).

Are there plans to "fix" this behaviour in an imminent version, or am I missing
some obvious reason why it's needed in these contexts?

Dave.

От: sibel karaasma
Сообщение: compiling source code!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Misapplication of Grant Wizard fails silently