Re: some question about deadlock

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: some question about deadlock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ipig wrote:
> Hi,
>     Thanks for your reply.
>     I changed the format to plain text.
>
>     For the question, suppose that process p0 held the lock of object A, and the wait queue for A is p1,p2,p3,....,
thatprocess p1 is the first waiter in the queue.

>     Since p1 is in the wait queue, the lock p1 requests must be conflict with the lock p0 held.
>     That is to say, if p0 wants to lock A again, then p0 will be put before p1, and p0 will be at the head of the
queue.Why do we need to find the first waiter which conflicts p0? I think that p0 must be added at the head of the wait
queue.

>    For your example, p0 has a read lock and wants an exclusive lock.
>    Since p0 has a read lock, then in the queue, p1 must wait an exclusive lock.
>    Then p0 will be put before p1, and p0 will be at the head of the queue.
>
>   Is there anything I misunderstood?

I am guessing that p0 is put at the head _only_ if there are conflicting
locks so that p0 does not starve other waiting processes.

--  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us EnterpriseDB    http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: question about security hole CVE-2006-2313 and UTF-8
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: some question about deadlock