Re: Ever increasing OIDs - gonna run out soon?

От Jim C. Nasby
Тема Re: Ever increasing OIDs - gonna run out soon?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 05:02:09PM +0100, John Sidney-Woollett wrote:
> Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> > Except IIRC the OP is running 7.4 which doesn't have checks in DDL
> > code to deal with OID collisions. :(
>
> This is not good news! :(
>
> What about other long runing 7.4.x DBs? Do you really have to dump, init
> and restore every once in a while?
>
> Also, do you know what is actually using the OIDs - transactions?

Since you're running Slony, I suspect it's using them somehow. Or maybe
it doesn't create it's tables WITHOUT OIDs. Also note that any time you
create an object you burn through an OID.

Probably your best bet is to just upgrade to 8.1, which will gracefully
handle OID collisions.

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Ever increasing OIDs - gonna run out soon?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Ever increasing OIDs - gonna run out soon?