Re: SO_SNDBUF size is small on win32?

От Yoshiyuki Asaba
Тема Re: SO_SNDBUF size is small on win32?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] SO_SNDBUF size is small on win32?
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:43:57 -0400

> >> What I would think might help is a patch on the libpq side (because it
> >> *does* use a nonblocking socket) to avoid sending more than
> >> 8K per WSASend call.
>
> > It could definitly be a good idea to have a patch there *as well*, but I
> > think they'd both be affected.
>
> On the libpq side, sending large messages is probably rare except for
> COPY IN mode.  Has anyone noticed performance issues specifically with
> COPY IN?

I think libpq interface does not use non-blocking socket. Because
'FRONTEND' symbol is enabled.

src/include/port/win32.h #ifndef FRONTEND #define socket(af, type, protocol) pgwin32_socket(af, type, protocol) #define
accept(s,addr, addrlen) pgwin32_accept(s, addr, addrlen) #define connect(s, name, namelen) pgwin32_connect(s, name,
namelen)#define select(n, r, w, e, timeout) pgwin32_select(n, r, w, e, timeout) #define recv(s, buf, len, flags)
pgwin32_recv(s,buf, len, flags) #define send(s, buf, len, flags) pgwin32_send(s, buf, len, flags)

I think this is only server-side problem. Is this right?

Regards,

--
Yoshiyuki Asaba
y-asaba@sraoss.co.jp

От: Tzahi Fadida
Сообщение: Help with casting and comparing.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SO_SNDBUF size is small on win32?