Re: SELECT Aggregate

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема Re: SELECT Aggregate
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Well whatdyaknow?? Being a Postgres newbie I hadn't even played with indexes
> yet. They're awesome!!
> Using Richard's suggestion of the Sub-Select in the COLUMN list, combined
> with adding some indexes, I can now return this in under 5 seconds!

Also, another way to improve preformance will be to analyze the affected tables.  Analyze will
ensure that the query planner has accurate statics by which it will use in picking fastest
possible query.

If you ever plan on updating or deleting records.  You will also need to vacuum the table.  And an
additional measure of maintance would be to re-index the database.

All of this is listing in the postgresql manual.  If you really want to ensure the best possible
speeds, it will be an important step to take.

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Phillip Smith"
Сообщение: Re: SELECT Aggregate
От: Jure Kodzoman
Сообщение: Re: Data Entry and Query forms