Re: pl/R problem

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: pl/R problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 04:24:46PM -0500, Don Isgitt wrote:
> gds2=# create function sd(_float8) returns float as '' language 'plr';
> CREATE FUNCTION
>
> gds2=# select round(sd('{1.23,1.31,1.42,1.27}'::_float8)::numeric,8);
>        This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>        before or while processing the request.
>
> Relevant server log piece:
>
> cannot find system Renviron
> Fatal error: unable to open the base package
>
> LOG:  server process (PID 6792) exited with exit code 2

I can reproduce this on Solaris 9 with PL/R 0.6.2-alpha and R 2.2.1
if I rename $R_HOME/etc/Renviron to something else.  I don't get
the "unable to open the base package" error but I do get "cannot
find system Renviron" and several other errors like "Error in
options(...) : invalid editor parameter" followed by a segmentation
fault.

> So, the question: what am I missing that enables it to find the "Renviron"

Does the file $R_HOME/etc/Renviron or $R_HOME/etc/<architecture>/Renviron
exist and have permissions such that the PostgreSQL server can read
it?  The error "cannot find system Renviron" comes from the R
function process_system_Renviron() in src/main/Renviron.c in response
to process_Renviron() returning 0, which it does if its filename
argument is NULL or if it can't open that file.

--
Michael Fuhr

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: share library version problems
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: trigger help